Jason Gesing is a big part of the foundation of eXp Realty, joining the company five months after its launch in 2010. Over the last 11 years, he has helped the company grow from fewer than 25 real estate agents to currently more than 65,000 agents across 18 countries, which is why he was named a HousingWire 2021 Vanguard.
Gesing is the second eXp executive to win this prestigious award, as Glenn Sanford, Founder, Chairman and CEO of eXp World Holdings, was named a Vanguard in 2020. HousingWire chooses 50 Vanguards a year based on their vital contributions to their companies and the dynamic way they are changing the industry.
“The Vanguards have become one of the highest achievements in housing and this year’s list of award recipients represent an elite group of executives who proved to be resilient and adaptable throughout this past 18 months of extraordinary circumstances in the industry,” said Clayton Collins, CEO of HW Media. “The 2021 Vanguards have proven to be true leaders, driving their organizations towards greatness, tackling challenges head-on and making major waves in the housing market.”
Gesing Has Filled Many Roles at eXp
Gesing has served in a number of capacities at eXp Realty, including chief executive officer, managing broker of multiple states, general counsel and president. In his current role as CEO of eXp Realty, Gesing leads corporate strategy and manages the overall operations and resources of the company. He also serves on the Board of Directors of eXp World Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXPI), and serves as chair of the Governance Committee.
He is continuously searching for ways to help agents be successful — adding and enhancing eXp’s affiliated services to help agents with end-to-end business. These programs include ExpressOffers, eXp’s proprietary iBuying software platform and the eXp Partners program, which offers professional, listing and client solutions for real estate agents and eXp Agent Healthcare.
Gesing’s dynamic leadership is characterized by the agent-centric culture he has built at eXp Realty, defined by eXp’s core values of community, sustainability, integrity, service, collaboration, innovation, transparency, fun and being agile.
His efforts to foster a positive culture have helped earn eXp Realty the distinction of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for four consecutive years. In addition, and in the words of Sanford, “Jason has really articulated the value proposition (of eXp) in a way that resonates with those who are making meaningful differences in the industry.”
Six Other eXp Leaders Have Won HousingWire Awards in 2021
In addition to Gesing, six other eXp leaders received HousingWire awards in 2021.
- Amaly Quiroz, Vice President of Transaction Processing for eXp Realty, was named to HousingWire’s 2021 Insiders List.
- Fee Gentry, an eXp agent and a member of eXp’s Board of Directors, was named to HousingWire’s 11th annual Women of Influence list.
- Stacey Onnen, U.S. President of Brokerage Operations, was also named to HousingWire’s 11th annual Women of Influence list.
- Courtney Chakarun, Chief Marketing Officer for eXp World Holdings, was named to HousingWire’s inaugural list of top 50 Marketing Leaders for 2021.
- Kirtus Dixon, Senior Vice President of Agent Development and Engagement for eXp Realty, was named a HousingWire 2021 Rising Star.
- Jeff Whiteside, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Collaboration Officer for eXp World Holdings, was named to HousingWire’s inaugural list of 2021 Finance Leaders.
Interested in jump-starting your real estate career? Learn how eXp Realty puts agents first.