Rich Johnson, owner of San Diego Homes & Estates, developed a massive real estate footprint throughout Southern California over the past decade by sharply focusing on the needs of agents first and providing a family-oriented culture, a dynamic and fun office atmosphere, and a holistic approach to agent success, including quality of life. But, he found his ability to grow was limited. With that realization, he is bringing his juggernaut to eXp Realty.
During the past five years, San Diego Homes & Estates closed an average of $1.5 billion in sales volume per year.
“Over the past few years, despite our success, it became apparent that the traditional brokerage model was no longer serving the long-term needs of the agents or the brokerage,” Rich said about his motivation to join eXp Realty and reinvent his brokerage and develop a clear long-term path of success for his agents.
“I am so grateful for the support and hard work of all of our 200+ agents – at the time of the announcement — I wanted to offer them an exciting future with the most compelling economic model in the industry, an innovative, easy to use, and results-driven platform for marketing, lead-generation, training, coaching and collaboration with industry leaders, agent support services, and technology tools, while also maintaining the ‘personal touch’ and focus on culture, atmosphere and quality of life, all of which ensures the long-term financial and personal success of every agent and their families.”
After more than six months of intense research and due diligence, Rich knew that eXp would be the best long-term partner for his agents. Rich explained, “Hands down, eXp is clearly the most outstanding and innovative platform available — not only for individual agents and teams, but also for brokerages of any size.”
Rich has fully embraced the innovative culture of eXp by developing a unique concept called “eXp+ Collaboration Centers.” San Diego Homes & Estates will not only maintain its multiple offices in Southern California for its current team members, but will also provide an opportunity for all eXp agents to access all its offices and office services, including the availability of assigned desks and private offices.
Rich describes the new program as “the marriage of eXp’s ‘best in class’ cloud-based platform, with the culture, atmosphere and face-to-face collaboration enabled by physical offices.
“I look forward to sharing our positive experience with brokerages nationwide and showing them why eXp is the future of the real estate industry,” he said.
Learn More About Rich Johnson:
- eXp Realty (April 2023 – present)
- Windermere Homes and Estates (July 2013 – April 2023)
- Real Living (April 2011 – July 2013)
- Windermere Exclusive Properties (April 2003 – April 2011)
- Brokerage Achievement of Excellence Award by San Diego Association of Realtors (2016).
- Named California’s Fastest-Growing Real Estate Brokerage by First Tuesday Journal based on growth and number of agents (2015).
- Nominated multiple times for San Diego Broker of the Year.
- Passionate about music and plays the guitar.
- Supports many local non-profit efforts including Feeding San Diego, Casa De Amparo and is focused on at-risk child abuse and neglect victims.
- Supports and participates in Red Nose Run in Del Mar, a fun run and walk to benefit Semper Fi and America’s Fund and the San Dieguito River Park.
- Supports STEP (Support the Enlisted Project), which builds financial self-sufficiency among active duty and enlisted members.
- Involved in Rancho Bernardo Historical Society.
Interested in jump-starting your real estate career? Learn how eXp Realty puts agents first.