Daniel Zia, founder and president of the innovative Zia Group out of Santa Barbara, California, saw that the changing world presented the need for new tools in order to better serve clients in the emerging post-pandemic real estate environment. To accomplish this, Daniel and his 20-person team chose to partner with eXp Realty in May 2021.
“As part of our commitment to always being at the forefront of this innovation, we are excited to announce that we have moved from Keller Williams Realty to eXp Realty, the fastest-growing and most innovative real estate brokerage in the world,” Daniel said.
“Our ultimate desire with this transition to eXp is to utilize what we have learned this past year of COVID to integrate the best of both worlds, the virtual and the face-to-face,” said Daniel. “We believe that this pairing will facilitate the highest level of service for our clients and the real estate community as a whole.”
“Real estate is all about relationships,” Daniel said. “We are excited to partner with a company that will help provide the tools to enable those relationships to flourish, by streamlining and strengthening back-end processes and providing innovative marketing platforms, so we can remain focused on what matters most, serving our clients and giving back to our community.”
Zia Group focuses on luxury real estate in and around Santa Barbara and Montecito, California, and has amassed $189,888,682 in volume with 128 transactions in 2020. They are the No. 1 team for most homes sold in Santa Barbara.
Learn More About Daniel Zia and the Zia Group:
Years in real estate: Since 2005.
Gross sales and transactions in 2020: $189,888,682 volume; 128 transactions
- eXp Realty (May 2021 – present)
- Keller Williams Santa Barbara (Jan. 2013 – May 2021)
- Prudential California Realty (which became Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties) – (Jan. 2005 – Dec. 2012)
Main territory: Santa Barbara and Montecito, California
Main focus: Luxury homes and estates, single-family homes, investment properties
Number of people on team: 20, with 8 agents (including Daniel) and 12 staff members.
Accolades, accomplishments & awards:
- Voted Best Realtor or the best Real Estate Team five times between the Santa Barbara Independent and the Santa Barbara News-Press
- Typically the No. 1 agent/team in the Santa Barbara area selling more homes than any other agent or team
- National Association of the Realtors 30 under 30 (2012)
- Over 500 5-Star Reviews on Zillow, Google, Yelp, & Facebook
- Zia Group was the No. 19 agent/team with Keller Williams Realty (out of over 180,000) at time of moving to eXp Realty
- Zia Group has averaged a 100% list-to-sales-price ratio over 16 years of doing business.
- Daniel is an International speaker on selling luxury real estate, client experience, culture, impact, team building, and the integration of family and work. Recent speaking engagements include Keller Williams Mega Camp, Keller Williams Family Reunion, Keller Williams Family Reunion France, and Keller Williams’ Luxury series.
What makes eXp special to you?
“Its focus on the agent and helping large teams essentially operate with the freedom and flexibility of a small brokerage while having massive back-end support, cutting-edge technology, and a unique financial model that allows you to supercharge your marketing budget for your clients.”
Best tip to share with other agents:
“Define your culture and never compromise it — it is your greatest asset.”
10 Fun Things About Daniel Zia
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Listening to worship music, by myself, in a candlelit room. A close second is cuddling on the bed with my family while watching an inspiring movie.
Who is the person you most admire?
My mom and dad. My mom is battling stage 4 cancer, and both she and my dad are both daily filled with an unbelievable amount of joy and thanksgiving for this “best season of their lives.”
One thing you can’t live without?
One trait that has led to your success?
Perseverance and love. That’s two, but both have been critical in helping me push through health challenges, hurdles, and other push-back against our success.
What celebrity would play you in a movie or TV show?
Bradley Cooper (or so I have been told).
Someone leaving one of our glass or screen doors part way open instead of fully open or closed.
Little known fact about yourself?
I jumped out of an airplane with a rose to ask my wife on our first date. She said no. I persisted!
Song you never tire of?
“Reckless Love” by Cory Asbury.
My wife’s garlic & rosemary chicken with kale and rice.
Your epitaph will say:
Whatever my family wants. I’ll be dead 🙂
Interested in jump-starting your real estate career? Learn how eXp Realty puts agents first.