There appears to be no end in sight for eXp Realty’s remarkable growth and success. On the heels of record results for 2020 and Q4, eXp Realty has landed in the top four of several categories of the elite 2021 RealTrends 500 Report, including being named the No. 1 mover in transactions and the No. 1 independent in the country for two straight years.
In a new category, eXp was named No. 1 in the top 5-year mover for transactions between the years 2016 to 2020, experiencing an incredible increase of 2,418%. eXp also closed out as the No. 2 top mover in volume, No. 3 in closed transaction sides and No. 4 in closed transaction volume. These rankings are based on real estate transactions in the United States in 2020.
eXp’s Placements on the RealTrends 500 for 2021 Include:
- No. 1 Top Mover for Transactions — eXp was ranked No. 1 for the largest increase in closed sides from 2019 to 2020, going from 130,627 sides to 238,981, which is an increase of 108,354 sides, or 82%.
- No. 1 Top Independent — eXp was the No. 1 independent brokerage with 238,981 closed transaction sides and No. 1 in sales volume with $72,207,936,907 for 2020.
- No. 1 Top 5-Year Mover for Transactions — eXp was ranked by the largest increase in closed transaction sides from 2016 to 2020, going from 9,490 sides in 2016 to 238,981 sides in 2020, or a difference of 229,491, which is an increase of 2,418%
- No. 2 Top Mover Volume — eXp was ranked No. 2 by sides that had the largest increase in closed sales volume from 2019 to 2020. eXp went from $36,233,976,502 in 2019 to $72,207,936,907, which was an increase of $35,973,960,405, or 99.2%
- No. 3 Closed Transaction Sides — eXp closed on 238,981 sides in 2020, which is an 82.9% increase over 2019’s sides of 130,627.
- No. 4 Closed Sales Volume — eXp closed on $72,207,936,907 in sales volume in 2020 as compared to $36,233,976,502 in 2019, which is an increase of $35,973,960,405 or 99.3%.
- No. 4 Billionaires’ Club — eXp World Holdings and its Founder and CEO, Glenn Sanford, were named to the Billionaires Club by being ranked with at least $1 billion of closed sales volume in 2020.
“The enthusiasm of our agents for sharing the eXp opportunity has caused some to suggest we’re just a “recruiting” company. These production numbers clearly demonstrate that eXp is home to some of the most productive and successful agents in the industry. We couldn’t be prouder of our amazing agents,” said Dave Conord, eXp President, U.S. Growth.
eXp’s continued rise comes on the heels of its hugely successful financial report for the fourth quarter and the full year of 2020 in which eXp World Holdings, the parent company of eXp Realty, reported record revenue, record net income, record transaction sides, record volume and double-digit agent and broker growth for Q4 and year-ending 2020.
Insights From the RealTrends Report
According to the RealTrends report, more than 1,750 firms qualified for this year’s RealTrends 500, which ranks the performance of the top 500 largest residential real estate brokerage firms in the nation. Overall, 3.9 million residential sales transactions were accomplished in 2020 for a value of more than $1.6 trillion as compared to 3.4 million transactions in 2019 for a value of $1.3 trillion.
- The RealTrends 500 brokerage firms did about 38% of all brokerage-controlled sales in the country with 36.5% of all Realtors. This means that the Realtors at RT 500 brokerage were only slightly more productive than all other Realtors in the country.
- The median per-person productivity among RT 500 agents was 9.2 transactions per agent. The average was 10.5 transactions per agent.
- 365 of the 500 brokerages in the rankings are with nationally branded franchises.
Learn why more agents and brokers are making the switch to eXp.