Cliff Bogart’s resume is so lengthy and so distinguished that when eXp Commercial President James Huang first read it, he wondered if Cliff was 500 years old.
It’s a joke, of course, but what Cliff has accomplished in 43+ years – and what he brings to eXp – is the epitome of expertise in commercial real estate.
Put it another way: “Cliff is a legend,’’ James Huang said.
Cliff’s decision to move from Managing Director of the Commercial Division at Keller Williams Central / KW Commercial to eXp Commercial in 2022 represented a seismic shift in talent and leadership in the industry.
“I had been recruited for many years to join eXp Realty and it sounded intriguing, but I was happy where I was and didn’t want to go through the hassle of switching for a similar position. But when I heard eXp Commercial had been launched, that’s when my antenna went up. That’s when I began to ask questions,’’ he said.
Clifford Also Serves as eXp Commercial’s Texas DMB
Cliff now serves as eXp’s Commercial Designated Managing Broker for Texas – a role of such influence and importance that it cannot be undersold.
Texas ranks first in the United States for office, industrial and retail building activity, according to a study by NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. Likewise, Dallas-Fort Worth led all major U.S. metros for commercial property deals in 2022 for the third straight year with $42.5 billion in sales.
This is the market and climate where Cliff rose to become one of the most decorated real estate professionals in the country. It’s almost impossible to list all his certifications, accomplishments, and industry engagement, but here are some highlights:
- Commercial real estate agent or broker for 43+ years, closing over 1,000 transactions of all types.
- Commercial real estate course writer and continuing education instructor for Texas since 2002.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) since 1995, considered the gold standard for commercial real estate professionals.
- CCIM instructor since 2005, teaching two CCIM core courses: CI 101 – Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate and CI 103: User Decision Analysis for Commercial Real Estate as well as Commercial Real Estate Negotiations.
- Finished in top 20 agents nationally for eXp Commercial in 2022.
- Developed a 10-course intro to commercial real estate program for the eXp Commercial Academy.
In Terms of Technology, eXp Is Far Out in Front
As a self-professed technology nerd, Cliff has seized upon eXp’s cutting-edge tools and technology in an unrivaled cloud-based model.
“It’s a game-changer, especially eXp’s data aggregators that run all sorts of data through algorithms that spit out very detailed and very comprehensive reports at the click of a button,’’ he said.
“Technology gives us the freedom to be able to pull data from wherever we are. That is so much fun. I love to be working on deals. I’m kind of a deal junkie. So anything that lets me spend more time on that I’m excited about,’’ he said.
He Has a Prediction About eXp Commercial’s Future
“I see eXp Commercial really exploding. There’s a real bifurcation of people who have a lot of experience coming to eXp and a lot of people who are new to commercial real estate. Marrying them together benefits them both. That’s what’s going to help us grow,’’ he said.
People listen when he says he sees the future of commercial real estate and it’s eXp.
“We are the vanguard leading the way into this new marriage of technology and commercial real estate. I think we are going to be way out in front and a lot of other firms will be playing catch up,’’ Cliff said.
Learn More About Cliff Bogart:
- Cliff is a 1976 graduate of Michigan State University with a BA in Business.
- He has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1978 and they have four grown children – all graduates of the University of Texas at Austin.
- Cliff is an avid runner and fitness advocate who has logged approximately 35,000 miles and competed in many marathons.
- He enjoys reading history.
Interested in jump-starting your real estate career? Learn how eXp Realty puts agents first.