During EXPCON Canada’s general session on September 7, a lot of ground was covered, including reviewing the state of eXp Canada’s business to interesting panels and real estate trends. But one big highlight was the awards ceremony, in which 11 awards were given out, honoring eXp Canada agents.
eXp Realty Founder and CEO Glenn Sanford shared the stage with Chief Growth Officer Michael Valdes and Chief Strategy Officer Leo Pareja to celebrate outstanding production numbers and performances by eXp Canada agents in 2022 and there was plenty to celebrate!
Top eXp Canada Award Winners:
- Top Individual by Volume — Rachel Vanderveen of Calgary, Alberta. Rachel is a four-time ICON agent and closed $96,355,611.45 (CAD) in sales on 166.45 units last year. She landed atop the inaugural eXp Canada Top 50 list, which was announced earlier this year.
- Top Individual by Units — Mark Verzyl of Calgary, Alberta. Mark closed 196.82 transactions for a total of $76,922,526.79 in closed sales. He finished third in volume on the eXp Canada Top 50 list.
- Top Team by Units — Atkinson Team of Lethbridge, Alberta. This powerhouse is 36 agents strong, plus 10 staff and is led by Team Leader and CEO Courtney Atkinson. The Atkinson Team closed on a whopping 600.48 units in 2022, which resulted in a closed sales volume of $183,633,730.40.
- Top Team by Volume — Affinity Real Estate of Waterloo, Ontario. Ibrahim Hussein Abouzed leads the Affinity Real Estate Group, which closed 2022 with $382,928,200.62 in sales volume.
- Community Award — Trevor Bigg of Williams Lake, BC. This top producer has a heart of gold and continually gives back to his community throughout the year. From garbage pickups to promoting community events such as free pickleball lessons, to clothing drives for Big Brothers and Big Sisters to art walks, Trevor has an unwavering commitment to his community.
- Philanthropic Award – Melissa Wu of Vancouver, BC. Melissa is a three-time ICON agent and has gone above and beyond to fulfill her ICON cultural commitments. She regularly hosts Realtor appreciation events, teaches a popular YouTube class, “How to Leverage Open Houses to Grow Your Listings” and is one of Vancouver’s most successful agents.
- Woman of Influence — Jennifer Jones of Toronto, Ontario. Jennifer has grown The Jennifer Jones Team into one of the Ontario market’s most formidable real estate teams. She has expanded her business into Southern and Central Ontario, closing on $275,806,246.78 in sales volume in 2022. As her “Million Dollar Magic” book states, her focus is on “helping real estate agents understand the game at a different level when it comes to investing.”
- Best Listing Video — Matt Campoli of Toronto, Ontario. Matt thinks outside the box and has always gone above and beyond what “normal” listing videos should be. His Instagram account is filled with videos that are humorous, informative and sometimes self-deprecating, but always genuine and heartfelt.
- Rookie of the Year — Emma Armstrong of Warman, Saskatchewan. While being a real estate agent since 2008, Emma is new to eXp Realty, joining in 2022 where she hit the ground running, closing $23,627,910.08 in sales on 66.5 units.
- Top Individual by GCI — Rachel Vanderveen of Calgary, Alberta. After earning the Top Individual by Volume accolade, it’s no surprise that Rachel also captured this accolade, completing 2022 with $1,524,107.06 in gross commission income. Way to go, Rachel!
- Top Team by GCI — Jennifer Jones Team of Toronto, Ontario. Jennifer’s juggernaut earned an impressive $5,375,776.48 in GCI in 2022.
Hungry for more events like this that can inspire and grow your business? Don’t miss EXPCON in Las Vegas on Oct. 2-5, 2023! Register now.